The cost price of products may vary by color for a number of reasons. Sometimes manufacturers make more generic versions of their product in a neutral color and other colors are produced according to demand. It may cost more to make products in non-standard colors as the production line of the standard colors needs to be stopped to make the same product in another color. Manufacturers could also simply charge different prices depending on demand for certain colors.
If you want to use color price variants as a pricing strategy or if your purchase price of certain products varies by color, you may want to set variants in the sale price accordingly. This is possible in DecoNetwork.
Watch the following video to see how to set product prices by color. Read below for written instructions.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To set product prices by color:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Pricing from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains the configuration options for pricing.
- Click on the cog icon at the end of the Blank Product Price row.
- Select Select a blank product price, then select Use SKU Pricing.
- Click on the Edit SKU Pricing link in the Blank Product Price row.
The SKU Pricing popup is displayed.
- Edit the prices for each color as required.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.