A color palette is the definition of a range of colors that are used to color designs used to decorate products on your website. Fulfillment Centers can define the embroidery palettes used in their business. Configured palettes will be loaded into the Online Designer as available thread colors for customers to select. If a design uses a color not part of a palette, DecoNetwork will automatically match the closest palette color to the design color.
Watch the following video for instructions on how to configure color palettes for embroidery.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To configure a color palettes for embroidery:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Admin.
- Select Decoration Processes.
- Click on the Embroidery menu item.
Select Color Palettes.
The main work area contains the settings which can be configured for embroidery color palettes:
- Configure the color palettes as required.
The Add Palette button lets you create a new color palette to be available to customers on your website. The Add Palette popup will be displayed when you click on the button.
- Use System Palette makes palettes already loaded into the system available for use without further configuration. Embroidery has several industry-standard palettes available and can be selected from the Base palettes used dropdown box. From here, select the specific palettes to load.
- Create empty palette will create an empty palette in the palette list which you can later edit. Give the palette a name and click OK.
- Copy existing palette will make a copy of a selected palette and it will be named as per your entry into the Name box. Select a palette from the Palette dropdown box.
Clicking on the Import Palette button will load the import settings, allowing you to import an existing color palette for customers to use on your website.
Due to licensing requirements, DecoNetwork is not able to distribute many industry-standard palettes, but these can often be found with a bit of Googling! If you find a good one you want to use, save it to your device then click Import Palette.
- Palette source
CSV files are used to import color palettes for raster or vector designs.
Embroiderers may select Wilcom .TCH thread chart files to import embroidery color palettes. The expected columns for a TCH file are Code, Palette Name, Color Name, A, Red value (0-255), Green value (0-255), Blue value (0-255). Example:
1 2005,Marathon Poly,Neon Yellow,A,250,230,16 2 2006,Marathon Poly,Neon Gold,A,252,201,161 3 2007,Marathon Poly,Neon Orange,A,254,119,88 4 2008,Marathon Poly,Neon Pink,A,237,181,199 5 2009,Marathon Poly,Salmon,A,245,173,173 6 2010,Marathon Poly,Electric Blue,A,20,170,208
- Import Options refer to the name you will give your palette and source file for the import.
- Allow color slider in color picker window sets the availability of a sliding color picker tool in the Online Designer, allowing the customer to pick custom colors for their decorations. If the checkbox is ticked on, the following options determining when the color slider will be displayed are shown:
- Open the Color Palette first if the current color is a palette color: this option will show the color palette when the color picker window is first open if the currently selected color is a palette color.
- Always open the Color Palette first: this option will always show the color palette first when the color picker window is open.
- Always open the Color Slider first: this option will always show the color slider first when the color picker window is open.
The Palettes section shows a list of palettes you have added previously.
To edit a palette, click Manage next to the palette you wish to work on. You may either:
- Edit the palette, which lets you map new or change colors in the palette, and select the default color. With custom palettes, you will also be able to rename colors, specify the code for the colors, specify the RGB values for the colors, and delete the colors that you do not want to make available to your customers.
- Rename the palette.
- Delete the palette.
- When you are done, click Save.