Deconetwork enables you to define multiple decoration areas for your products. The pricing for the decoration areas is based on what decoration type the customer chooses to add to the area. A common pricing strategy for decorators is to price per decoration area. You can achieve this in DecoNetwork on any selected product.
Watch the following video to see how to set up decoration pricing per location. Read below for written instructions.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To set up pricing per location (decoration area):
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area, with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Pricing from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains the configuration options for pricing.
- Click on the cog icon in the Decoration price row.
Decoration Price is the charge to decorate the product using the decoration processes that the product may use. The processes the product can use are set in the decoration areas tab. By default, a product will use simple pricing, which inherits all pricing settings from the master decoration pricing page. This page is found under Admin > Decoration Processes by looking at the pricing structure for the chosen process. By clicking the blue config wheel next to the decoration processes available to the product, you may edit the decoration pricing model being used.
- Select the Use custom decoration pricing (Advanced) option.
An "Edit Price" link will be revealed next to the decoration processes.
Click on the Edit Price link.
This will open up the Decoration pricing popup window.
The Decoration pricing window displays a table showing the present price settings for each valid decoration process.
- Tick the Specify pricing for each decoration area checkbox.
This expands the table to show price settings for each decoration area on the product, for each decoration process that the area supports.
Un-tick the Default Pricing checkbox to edit the pricing of each decoration process.
The pricing method used for each decoration process is defined globally in a separate part of the system. To change the pricing method, go to Admin > Decoration Processes > Decoration Pricing. Note that any changes will affect all products.
- Configure the pricing per decoration area as required.
- Click Save when done.