In your business, you may offer certain items that are cheaper to produce than others. You may want to offer reduced shipping on these items due to the lower production costs. An easy way to achieve this is through a coupon discount.
Watch the following video to see how to set up discounted shipping for a select few items. Read below for written instructions.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To set up a coupon code discount for shipping:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Marketing.
- Select Coupon Codes.
The main work area displays a list of already configured coupon codes.
- Click on the New Coupon button in the top bar is the option to create a new coupon.
The new coupon settings will be displayed.
- Tick the Enabled checkbox to make the coupon available for use.
- Enter an alphanumeric code in the Coupon code field.
This is the code that must be entered during checkout to use the coupon.
- Enter a name for the coupon in the Coupon name field.
- Enter the value of the discount in the Discount amount field.
This is the size of the discount, which may be expressed as a percentage or a fixed amount. Select how you want to express the discount from the dropdown list.
- Select an Expiry date using the date picker.
This sets when the coupon code will no longer be valid.
- Enter a minimum Minimum order value field.
This sets a minimum order value required for the use of the coupon code.
- Enter the number of times this coupon can be redeemed in the Number of uses field.
- Tick the Limit per User checkbox to set a limit on how many times a single customer can use the coupon.
If the checkbox is unticked, the coupon will allow unlimited use. If the checkbox is ticked, a field will be available for you to enter a limit.
If the customer is logged in when the coupon is entered, they will be informed on the Cart verify page if they cannot use it due to the limit being reached.
If the customer is not logged in when the coupon is entered, they will be informed if the limit has been reached on the Address page of the checkout after they sign in. If this happens then they will be redirected back to the Cart verify page and the coupon will be removed.
Click on Product Availability in the menu at the left to configure the product availability settings.
- Untick the Pre-decorated products, Non-decorable products, and Blank products checkboxes and tick the Shipping checkbox.
Configure the Store Availability settings.
The Store Availability settings let you set which stores may use the coupon code.
- Global allows you to set the coupon code as available in all stores by default, or not in any store by default.
- Store Group allows you to set a group of stores as having access or being denied access to the code, in accordance with the store group each store belongs to. Click Add Rule to choose a group.
- Store will explicitly set access on a store-by-store basis. Click Add Rule to choose a store.
(D) seen after the store name indicates that the store has been deleted.
- When you are done, click Save.