Outsourcing production leverages the abilities and equipment of other fulfillment centres to compliment your own. You may also also offer your fulfillment centre as an outsourcing partner to other fulfillment centres as a way to generate more income. This article describes how to set up both of these outsourcing scenarios.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Outsourcing of Production:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
- Select Outsource Production.
Outsourcing works by taking a product from the production node in Business Hub and from there assiging the job to be outsourced. Once the product has been received and gone through the production cycle of the fulfillment centre, the product is returned with its status set to production complete, and the product will enter the shipping node.
Limitations to outsourcing are that it will not manage shipping either between fulfillment centres or from the fulfillment centre doing the production to blind ship the the product to the customer. Outsourcing will also not organise financial aspects of the arrangement which must be handled seperately. If you are using outsourcing to cover decoration processes you cannot support in house, you must still enable the process in Admin > Decoration Processes so products will appear to be available using that decoration process.
To enter an outsourcing arrangement, the receiving fulfillment centre (who does the actual production) must first enable outsourcing inbound. Meanwhile the fulfillment centre that is seeking outsourcing must set up a link outbound to the producing fulfillment centre. Once both parties have confirmed their settings, products may commence being outsourced.
To Set Up Outsourcing Inbound:
- Select Configure Settings
- Set I want to list my fulfillment center to act as an outsource fulfillment center for other DecoNetwork fulfillment centers to ON. Take note of your Outsource ID number as other centres that wish to use you in an outsourcing arrangement must reach you via this number.
- If you wish to publicize your outsourcing capabilities onyour web store, turn on Display my Outsource ID number on my website.
- When you are done, press Save.
Fulfillment centres that are requesting you take their production will appear in the main work area with the link type listed as unconfirmed. To accept the link request, press Manage, then press Enable this Link to finalize.
To Set Up Outsourcing Outbound:
- Select Link to a FulFillment Centre.
- Enter the Outsource ID of the fulfillment centre.
- When you are done, press Save.
Your outsource link request must then be approved by the fulfillment centre who will be conducting production on your behalf. The link will appear as unconfirmed until this happens.
You may at any time disable or cancel any outsourcing arrangement by pressing Manage from the outsourcing list.
To Make a Product being Ordered Become Outsourced:
- Log into Business Hub.
- Click Production.
- Select the products you wish to outsource.
- Click Outsource Selected Items.
- The selected items will then go to the inbound fulfillment centre for production, where the products appear in the production node with an outsourced icon next to it. Once production has been completed, the products will move into your shipping node.