Three regular shapes, are provided for you to define the area on a product that can be decorated - rectangle, circle, and rounded corner rectangle. These shapes define the area in which a decoration is confined to. While these shapes are suitable for most products, you may find that you need to create custom areas for irregularly shaped products. For example, you might sell star-shaped promotional products that can be decorated, or you might sell Valentine's Day products with heart-shaped printable areas.
Watch the following video for instructions on how to create and place custom decoration area shape masks.
In this article, you will learn how...
To create a custom shape:
This tutorial details the procedure for creating a custom shape to be used as a decoration area mask.
- Open a graphics application that supports transparency, such as Adobe Photoshop or Corel PHOTO-PAINT.
- Create a new document with a transparent background.
- Draw the shape that you require with a solid, uniform color fill.
- Save the file in PNG format.
To apply a custom shape to a decoration area:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select a product to configure by either:
- Clicking on the product code.
- Clicking on the product name.
- Clicking on the Manage button beside the product you want to configure, then selecting Edit Product.
The product properties will be shown in the main work area with a menu at the left to select property categories. General will be selected by default.
- Select Views & Decoration Areas from the product properties menu.
The main work area contains configuration options for views and decoration areas.
- Click the blue configuration wheel next to the view you want to place a custom decoration area on, then make sure the Allow Custom Decoration Areas (Advanced) option is selected.
- Double-click on the view image.
- Click the Browse... button in the Manage Product View dialog and upload your shape.
Once uploaded, the shape will appear as an icon alongside the existing printable area shapes.
For a complete tutorial on how to configure a decoration area, see the article, Product Views & Decoration Areas.