Account Terms refer to the terms of payment for customers who hold an account with your business, who are taking advantage of credit facilities you are offering. The terms specify the period allowed for a customer to pay off the amount due.
If you offer accounts to customers, you should set up the terms of those accounts here to reflect your bricks and mortar establishment.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To configure Account Terms
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
- Click Customer Settings.
- Click Account Terms.
The main work area of the Account Terms screen shows you a list of account terms that have already been created. Terms may be assigned to a customer in Business Hub, or assigned to a specific order or quote during creation in Business Hub.
Above: Terms and Conditions being set during creation of a quote.
Above: Customer account details showing where to set Terms for the account in Business Hub.
DecoNetwork ships with a series of terms already configured, you may find these suitable. However clicking the Edit button next to a set of terms will let you reconfigure it. When editing terms:
- Default is the set of terms that will be used if the customer is an account holder, but does not have a specific set of terms selected in their account settings. If no terms are set as default, no terms will be assigned upon creation of a quote or order.
- Name - basic description of the terms.
- Default Deposit sets the deposit required for the order to proceed.
- Type defines the cycle of the terms with respect to when payment is due.
- Days From Invoice requires payment in days due from the day the invoice is sent to the customer.
- Days From Statement is how many days the terms apply from the issuing of the account statement.
Days From Statement may take a significant amount of time to elapse if statements are issued infrequently. Use with caution!
- Days due defines how long the terms run for from the commencement date as set in the Type box.
- Description is a free text field that lets you describe how the terms work along with any other notes regarding the use of the terms you have set.
- When done, click Save.
You may create your own set of terms by clicking New Account Terms. This will open a blank set of terms which are filled in to suit your needs. Settings for new account terms are as per settings described for editing a set of terms.