The Edit Account Details feature in Business Hub allows you to set up the account settings and account holder terms used for invoicing the customer. You can also configure the setting that flags the account to opt-in/out on marketing communications.
Note, to keep in compliance with GDPR regulations, make sure you have consent from EU customers before you set accounts to opt-in on marketing communications.
- You must have Administrator and/or Sales Manager permission to use this feature.
To edit a customer's account details:
- Log into your DecoNetwork website.
- Browse to Business Hub > Customers.
- Click View to open a customer account you want to edit.
You can also click anywhere within a customer's row to load it.
- Click on Edit Account Details next to the Account Details section heading.
The Edit Account Details popup will be displayed.
- Edit the account details.
- Customer Discount: enter the percentage discount that will be applied to each order the customer places.
- Customer Is Tax Exempt: tick this checkbox to exempt this customer from taxes set up in your system.
- Store Credit: Enter the credit value available for the customer to make purchases in your store.
- Reset Store Credit Used?: Reset the amount of store credit the customer has used to zero.
- Customer Is Account Holder: tick this checkbox to set pre-defined account terms of payment for the customer. When the checkbox is ticked the following settings will be available:
- Default Terms: lets you select the terms that will be applied to the customer for all web store orders (when paying on account). When creating an order through Business Hub, the operator can override these terms as they need to. (Account terms are defined via Admin > Settings > Customer Settings > Account Terms.)
- Max. outstanding balance allowed online: lets you specify the maximum outstanding balance the customer can have whilst creating web store orders. This does not affect Business Hub orders as it is assumed the operator creating the order through Business Hub can manage the maximum outstanding amount manually.
- Receive Marketing Messages: tick this checkbox to opt the customer in on marketing communications that you send.
GDPR requires that consent is given from the customer for marketing emails to be sent to them. To be compliant, ensure you have consent from customers located in the EU before you tick this checkbox.
- Click okay.