If you work with specialty inks or other decoration materials, you may wonder how to add a surcharge for options like glitter, metallics, or foil. While DecoNetwork does not have a built-in option to charge more for specialty decorations the are a couple of methods to achieve this. You can use design-based pricing or you can use custom fields.
Watch the following video to see how to set up special ink charges. Read below for written instructions.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
In this article, learn how...
- To add a surcharge for specialty inks or materials using design-based pricing
- To add a surcharge for specialty inks or materials using custom fields
To add a surcharge for specialty inks or materials using design-based pricing:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Stock Designs.
- Select Stock Designs List.
- Click the Add Design button in the Breadcrumb & Action bar and click Upload design from the drop-down menu.
The New Stock Design screen is displayed with a number of tabs: General, Processes, and Meta information.
While the Processes and Meta Information tabs are accessible, you cannot configure these settings until after the design has been uploaded.
- Click on the Browse... button.
- In the File Upload dialog, select and open the design file you want to upload.
Raster, vector, and embroidery file types are supported in the formats listed below:
- Raster (PNG, JPG, JPEG, GIF, TIF)
- Vector (CDR*, PDF, EPS, PS, SVG, SVGZ)
- Embroidery (EMB)
*CDR requires the CorelDRAW app to be enabled. When a CDR file is uploaded it will be automatically converted to SVG format so that it can be modified in the Online Designer.
- Configure the details of the design.
- Name: Enter a name for the design.
- Category: Select a category for the design from the dropdown list. If the category you want does not exist, you can add it by typing the category name in the text box
- Allow customer to change color of image: Tick this checkbox to allow customers to change the image colors. This will reduce the number of colors in the image to a maximum of 8 to avoid cases where the number of colors is too many to manage.
- Allow customer to resize image: Tick this checkbox to allow customers to adjust the size of the image.
- Price Specify the surcharge price that will be added when this design is used.
- Click Save.
To add a surcharge for specialty inks or materials using custom fields:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Products.
- Select Custom Fields.
The Custom Fields main work area will show you a list of previously configured custom fields.
- Click on the button at the top right of the work area.
The settings for the new custom field will be displayed.
- Configure the custom field's settings.
Field on by default
Ticking this checkbox will display this custom field as an option when the default behavior for the product is also to display custom fields. This corresponds to a product's custom field configuration to "Use System Fields" (found under Admin > Products > [product] > Custom Fields). Additionally, if the Product Groups app is enabled, the behavior of the product group is set at Admin > Products > Product Groups.
Ticking this checkbox will force the user to complete the custom field as the product enters the shopping cart.
This is the name of the field. Enter the name of your specialty ink/material, e.g. Vinyl Material
Description lets you provide information that can be in the form of a question or a prompt that will help the customer complete the custom field.
Type defines which sort of on-screen input method the customer will use to enter data. For this option, we will use the Select, Drop-down type.
Drop-down is a list that opens up when the user clicks on the field. When this option is selected, you will be able to define the options for the dropdown list. The options will appear in a table below the Type field.
Click on the button to add options. A row will be added to the table containing the following settings:
- On means the option will be used.
- Default is the option selected on page load.
- Name is the text that will appear in the option.
- Code is the text saved from selecting the option.
Configure the settings for each option that you add.
The blue configuration wheel at the right of the Options table contains extra settings for the Select field type, including the ability to modify price and allow size variants:
- [Title] affects price opens the price modifier options
- Allow size variants will let you add size variants to each option.
Click on the cog icon and tick the Vinyl Material affects price checkbox. Price settings will be shown.
- Price depends on color lets price be modified based on the color of the product being sold. Options here are to modify by a flat fee or as a percentage of either the base price, the decoration price, or both.
- Affect by lets you choose whether the price is specified by an exact value or as a percentage.
An additional price column will be displayed in the options table.
Enter the price or percentage that each option will add.
- Once your configuration is complete, click Save.
- Assign the custom field to blank products that this decoration option can be applied to. See the article Using Custom Fields in Products for instructions.