You must have administrator access to use this feature
The PayPal payment gateway is a standard free payment processing service provided by PayPal. Customers add items to the shopping cart on your website and are taken to a PayPal payment page. They choose to pay by card or log in to PayPal where they can choose from their linked cards or bank accounts. They enter or select their shipping address, confirm the payment, and return to your site.
To enable PayPal standard website payments you will require a Paypal username and need to authorize DecoNetwork API permissions to conduct transactions in the PayPal system using your account.
To add PayPal as an alternative payment method:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings.
Select Payment Methods.
The main work area will display your currently selected payment gateway in the top panel, currently configured alternative payment methods in the next panel, followed by available credit cards, and currently configured manual payment methods in the bottom panel.
- Scroll down to the Alternative Payment Methods section.
- Click Add button under the PayPal logo.
The PayPal payment gateway settings are displayed in the main work area.
- Configure the PayPal payment gateway settings.
- PayPal account: This is the email address you used to register for your PayPal business account.
- Page Style: This field lets you enter the name of a custom page from your PayPal account to use as the payment page. Leave this field blank to use your primary page style.
- Use dynamic header image: This is ignored unless you have specified a page style. If the page style is not blank and this option is set to Yes, DecoNetwork will generate a dynamic header image to be used on the payment page. Set this option to No if you do not want to use a dynamic header image.
- Funds Capture: This field allows you to choose when funds are captured:
- Capture funds at the time sale/payment is made: when this option is selected, funds will be captured when buyers confirm the order, i.e. money will be collected at the time of sale.
- Only authorize funds at the time sale/payment is made, capture funds at the time the order is completed/marked shipped: when this option is selected, authorization is granted at the time of sale, but funds will only be captured when the order is shipped.
- Override Address: Choose Yes to override the Paypal account address with the address entered by the customer at checkout. This will allow you to have a verified address as PayPal does an address verification but may cause problems during checkout if the customer has entered an invalid address. We recommend leaving this option set to No to avoid errors.
- Use Unique Invoice Number: This field lets you choose if you want invoice numbers to be unique for each PayPal Standard website transaction. Having unique invoice numbers allows multiple PayPal Express transactions for the same DecoNetwork order. If "Yes" is selected, a suffix will be appended to the invoice number for subsequent payments made to an order that has a balance remaining.
The Rename configuration area lets override the default payment method name and description. Tick the Override default checkbox and enter a new name and description in the corresponding text box.
The Limits settings let you specify minimum and maximum order amounts that this payment method can be used for.
The location settings let you limit the countries in which the payment method is available. The "Available for all countries" checkbox is ticked by default. Unticking the checkbox will cause the country checkboxes to be displayed. Untick the checkboxes of the countries you do not want the payment method to be available in.
The availability settings let you configure the stores or groups of stores where the payment method can be used.
- Availability: lets you choose if the payment method is available for orders placed via the web store and if it is available for orders placed in Business Hub orders.
- Active for Web enables the method in Web stores.
- Active for Business Hub enables the method in Business Hub.
- Global: lets you toggle the global availability of the payment method.
- This is available in all stores by default: select this option to make this payment method available in the storefront and in Business Hub for all stores.
- This is not in any store by default: select this option to hide the availability of this payment method from the storefront and from Business Hub for all stores.
- Store Group: determines which stores can access the payment type as determined by their group setting. You can see what groups have access set and edit them or click Add Rule to create a new group-based rule. The rules will either specifically include or exclude the group from access to the payment method.
- Store: sets availability on the basis of explicitly denying or allowing specific stores access to the payment type.
(D) seen after the store name indicates that the store has been deleted.
- When done, click the Save button.
To Grant DecoNetwork API Authentication Permissions for your PayPal Account:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Visit https://www.paypal.com/api
- Look under Pre-built payment solution and Select Grant API permission.
- Enter the following into the Third Party Permissions Username field:
- Click the Look up button.
- Enable the following permissions:
- Use Express Checkout to process payments.
- Issue a refund for a specific transaction.
- Process your customers' credit or debit card payments.
- Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.
- Obtain information about a single transaction.
- Initiate transactions to multiple recipients in a single batch.