DecoNetwork lets you configure what shipping methods your Fulfillment Center supports. These are made available in Business Hub for quotes and orders, and to web store customers during the checkout process. If you are going to accept orders from out of state and internationally you will need to configure these correctly to ensure your products can be delivered! As well as defining your own shipping methods, you can connect DecoNetwork to one of a list of supported live shipping options provided you have an account with one of the forwarders listed.
In this article, you will learn how...
- To configure shipping methods
- To configure your dispatch address
- To edit an existing shipping method
- To add a new custom shipping method
- To delete a shipping method
- To add a live shipping method
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To configure shipping methods:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings > Shipping.
Select Shipping Methods.
A list of your shipping methods will appear in a list.
To configure your dispatch address:
The Dispatch Address should specify the address that your shipping items are sent from. To edit your dispatch address select Edit and update your address details.
To edit an existing shipping method
To configure a shipping method, select Edit next to the shipping method in the list.
Various tabs are available to edit:
The General tab lets you set the details of the shipping method.
- Active will toggle the shipping method on and off.
- Name provides a label for the shipping method.
- Description will be displayed to the customer next to the name in the checkout process.
- Customer order email template lets you choose what email template will be sent to the customer when they choose to use this method. Available templates are selected from the drop-down box, and these are configured in Admin > Settings > Email and Order Templates.
- Customer 'order shipped' email template sets the template to use when the order using this shipping method is shipped. A message will be sent to the customer informing them of the updated status of their order. Usable templates are selected from the drop-down box, and these are configured in Admin > Settings > Email and Order Templates.
- Default maximum delivery period is how long this shipping method will take to deliver the order.
- Includes tracking is an information point that is passed to the customer. You should provide the URL a customer may visit to track their order's shipping.
- This is a COD shipping method defines the shipping method as being payment on delivery, when enabled. You should also provide COD details on the payment page and additional instructions for COD in the order page and email.
- Require a minimum order value and make shipping method free when enabled, reveals a Minimum order value field, which lets you set the order value at which the shipping method becomes free. The typical use case for this is to allow free shipping for orders above a certain value or to use this for promotions. (The shipping does not actually have to be free, it can be at any value you decide.) Note that you probably want this shipping method to appear at the top of the list of the shipping methods so it is the default selection for customers if it is available. The customer will be notified they have qualified for "free shipping" during the checkout process if a minimum order value has been specified here.
- This method has weight limitations when enabled, reveals additional fields for specifying minimum and maximum weight values for the shipping method. The weight limitation specified will apply for both webstore orders and Business Hub orders. The shipping method will only be available if the total weight of the cart is within the weight limitations. Note, this option is only available for custom shipping methods.
The Price breakdowns tab lets you set up the cost calculation of the shipping method:
- Handling Fee is a base fee added to the total charge.
- Calculation Method sets the price of the shipping method to be determined by either the number of articles to ship (quantity), by weight, or by value of goods shipped.
- Price per item when ticked, lets you set the price breakdown to be per item, otherwise, it is for all items in the shipment.
- Add Breakdown lets you add price breakdowns for incrementally larger shipments, i.e., for shipments of between 1-5 items, the charge is x, for 6-10 items the charge is y, and for 11 or more items the charge is z.
- International shipping only specifies the shipping method is for deliveries to international addresses only.
- Domestic shipping only specifies the shipping method is for deliveries to domestic addresses only.
When this option is selected, the Location Filter setting will be available, allowing you to configure the locations to which the shipping method will apply.
- Zip code filter: enter the zip/post codes of the locations where you want the shipping method to be applicable. You can specify multiple locations by entering individual zip/post codes, separated with a comma. You can also specify a set of locations that the shipping method will apply to by entering a zip/post code range, e.g. 6000-7000.
- Delivers to all states (or countries) lets you decide, for the given shipping method, which states or countries the shipping method delivers to.
- Exclude own country (only available for custom international shipping only method) lets you exclude your own country as a delivery destination from the shipping method.
The Availability tab lets you set which parts of DecoNetwork have this shipping method available to use as a selection, and which stores may use the shipping method.
- The shipping method may be made available to all parts of DecoNetwork by selecting "This shipping method is available in Webstores, Business Hub and Shipments". In this case Business Hub refers to the creation of quotes and orders in Business Hub. You can remove it as an option from all websites with the option "This shipping method is available in Business Hub and Shipments". By selecting, "This shipping method is available in Shipments only", the shipping method may only be selected by the Business Hub shipping operator.
- The Global options defines the default behavior of the shipping method, either available in all stores or not available in any store by default. The setting does not affect availability in Business Hub.
- Group sets access to the shipping method by a group of stores. Groups are created in Admin > Websites > Store Groups, and stores are assigned to groups in Admin > Websites > Manage > Administration > Group Settings.
- Store sets access to the shipping method explicitly on a per-store basis.
To add a new custom shipping method
To add a new custom shipping method click the Add Custom Shipping Method in the top actions toolbar:
To delete a shipping method
To delete a shipping method click the Delete button in the shipping methods list. NOTE: Deleting a shipping method cannot be undone.
To add a live shipping method
To use most live shipping methods you require an account with the shipping provider. Live shipping methods obtain real-time pricing from the shipping provider. You can choose to mark-up the live shipping pricing or pass on the direct cost to your customers.
To add a new live shipping method select Add Live Shipping Method in the top actions toolbar:
Check the methods you wish to apply, and enter any required carrier credentials.