DecoNetwork lets you configure what shipping methods your Fulfillment Center supports. These are made available in Business Hub for quotes and orders, and to web store customers during the checkout process. If you are going to accept orders from out of state and internationally you will need to configure these correctly to ensure your products can be delivered! As well as defining your own shipping methods, you can connect DecoNetwork to one of a list of supported live shipping options provided you have an account with one of the forwarders listed.
- You must have administrator access to use this feature
To Configure Shipping Methods:
- Log into your DecoNetwork Website.
- Browse to Admin > Settings > Shipping.
Select Shipping Methods.
A list of your shipping methods will appear in a list.
Configuring your dispatch address
The Dispatch Address should specify the address that your shipping items are sent from. To edit your dispatch address select Edit and update your address details.
Editing an existing shipping method
To configure a shipping method select Edit next to the shipping method in the list.
Various tabs are available to edit:
- Active will toggle the shipping method on and off.
- Name provides a label for the shipping method.
- Description will be displayed to the customer next to the name in the checkout process.
- Customer order email template lets you choose what email template will be sent to the customer when they choose to use this method. Available templates are selected from the drop down box, and these are configured in Admin > Settings > Email and Order Templates.
- Customer 'order shipped' email template sets the template to use when the order using this shipping method is shipped. A message will be sent to the customer informing them of the updated status of their order. Usable templates are selected from the dropdown box, and these are configured in Admin > Settings > Email and Order Templates.
- Maximum delivery period is how long this shipping method will take to deliver the order.
- Includes tracking is an information point which is passed to the customer. You should provide the URL a customer may visit to track their order's shipping.
- This is a COD shipping method defines the shipping method as being payment on delivery when enabled. You should also provide COD details on the payment page and additional instructions for COD in the order page and email.
- This method is free shipping when enabled, reveals a second dialog, which sets the order value at which the shipping method becomes available. The typical use case for this is to allow free shipping for orders above a certain value, or to use this for promotions. (The shipping does not actually have to be free, it can be at any value you decide.) Note that you probably want this shipping method to appear at the top of the list of the shipping methods so it is the default selection for customers if it is available. The customer will be notified they have qualified for "free shipping" during the checkout process, if a "free" method has been specified here.
- Price Breakdowns let you set up the cost calculation of the shipping method:
- Handling Fee is a base fee added to the total charge.
- Calculation Method sets the price of the shipping method to be determined by either the number of articles to ship (quantity), by weight, or by value of goods shipped. In each case the price breakdown can be set to be per item, otherwise it is for all items in the shipment. Additionally price breakdowns can be added for incrementally larger shipments, i.e., for shipments of between 1-5 items the charge is x, for 6-10 items the charge is y, and for 11 or more items the charge is z.
- Shipping locations
- International shipping only specifies the shipping method is for deliveries to international addresses only.
- Domestic shipping only specifies the shipping method is for deliveries to domestic addresses only.
- Delivers to all states (or countries) lets you decide, for the given shipping method, which states or countries the shipping method delivers to.
- Availability sets which parts of DecoNetwork have this shipping method available to use as a selection, and which stores may use the shipping method.
- The shipping method may be made available to all parts of DecoNetwork by selecting "This shipping method is available in Webstores, Business Hub and Shipments". In this case Business Hub refers to the creation of quotes and orders in Business Hub. You can remove it as an option from all websites with the option "This shipping method is available in Business Hub and Shipments". By selecting, "This shipping method is available in Shipments only", the shipping method may only be selected by the Business Hub shipping operator.
- The Global options defines the default behavior of the shipping method, either available in all stores or not available in any store by default. The setting does not affect availability in Business Hub.
- Group sets access to the shipping method by a group of stores. Groups are created in Admin > Websites > Store Groups, and stores are assigned to groups inAdmin > Websites > Manage > Administration > Group Settings.
- Store sets access to the shipping method explicitly on a per store basis.
Add a new custom shipping method
To add a new custom shipping method click the Add Custom Shipping Method in the top actions tool bar:
Deleting a shipping method
To delete a shipping method click the Delete button in the shipping methods list. NOTE: Deleting a shipping method cannot be undone.
Adding a live shipping method
To use most live shipping methods you require an account with the shipping provider. Live shipping methods obtain real-time pricing from the shipping provider. You can choose to mark-up the live shipping pricing or pass on the direct cost to your customers.
To add a new live shipping method select Add Live Shipping Method in the top actions tool bar:
Check the methods you wish to apply, and enter any required carrier credentials.